Wellness Kit - Winter 2021
Seasonal Wellness Kit - Winter 2020
This kit contains three time-tested, mom- and kid-approved essential oil and herbal products for when seasonal invaders - "the ick" or "green meanies" - are a concern.
This kit contains:
1 - 4 fl.oz. Kick the Ick ~Essential Oil Spray
1 - 10ml Well Wishees ~ Essential Oil Roller
1 - Elderberry Syrup Kit + instructions (makes approx. 16 fl.oz. syrup when complete)
Kick the Ick - Essential Oil Spray: to help keep airborne germs at bay!
Who is this for? Anyone exposed to "the ick", if you frequent cars, offices, hotel rooms, other travelers, other's spaces, public spaces, kids, etc.
Kick the Ick spray is a proprietary blend of Witch hazel, colloidal silver and Ravensara, Lavender, Tea tree, Sweet marjoram and Thyme essential oils in reverse osmosis water.
Well Wishes - Essential Oil Roller: If you're wanting an extra layer of protection during cold and flu season, are worried about catching "the ick" or have caught and been battling it, Well Wishes essential oil roller is for you!
The lore: Four looting thieves stealing from the sick during the Black Plague didn’t get sick. While looting was punishable by burning to death, authorities wanted to know how the men didn’t die from the plague, so they made the thieves divulged their secret (They were later hanged I read).
The secret: The thieves were perfume and spice merchants, merchants who likely sold cloves, cinnamon, lemon, eucalyptus and rosemary. They supposedly created an essential oil blend from these spices that they applied to various body parts for protection... and it worked.
Essential Oil Benefits:
• Citrus oils are uplifing. They are rich in antioxidants, which are known to be immune boosting by way of relieving stress on the immune system. Citrus oils are also antibacterial and antiseptic to help the body fight germs and pathogens.
• Cinnamon is antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
• Clove is an antioxidant-rich germ fighter and antispetic; antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral.
• Eucalyptus is known to be antibacterial and antiviral. It is also expectorant and anti-inflammatory.
• Rosemary is known as an airborne antimicrobial agent.
• Lemon is invigorating and Sweet Orange balances moods and emotion. They complement one another and add a sunshiney flair to this proprietary blend.
Elderberry Syrup Kit: A combination of time-honored, immune-supportive herbs made into a medicinal syrup with your water, local-to-you-honey and a little apple cider vinegar, all to fortify your defenses and help your body try to avoid, or better fight "the ick" if you happen to catch it. About the herbs:
• Elderberries (Sambucus nigra) are a longstanding remedy for cold and flu with science to prove it if you appreciate that knowledge and a gentle antiviral. They’re antioxidant-rich, dark berries providing our cells protection from oxidative stress.
• Nettle (Urtica urens or Utrica dioica) leaves are nutrient-dense, like many dark green, leafy vegetables, and anti-inflammatory. These benefits may boost immune-system function.
• Echinacea (Echinacea angustifolia) is a well-studied immune system stimulant, actually an alternative (helps the body restore normal heath throughout all body systems). Some of study results prove that Echinacea has the potential to shorten the duration of colds. Native Americans used Echinacea as a pain reliever as well, including for many symptoms that accompany cold and ‘the ick” like headaches, sore throats and stomachaches.
• Ginger (Zingiber officiale) is an ages-old, food herb and remedy for warmth and digestive support to sooth symptoms of cold and flu, but also help the body fight infection and keep inflammation at a healthy level. It’s rich in antioxidants, vitamins and minerals too.
• Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceous) is an adaptogen herb used to help the body best manage stress - physical or emotional - and a beloved immune-system tonic by many.
• Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is an incredibly antioxidant-rich fungus, the “King of Medicinal Mushrooms”, that grows on birch trees in Northern climates known to help the body regulate immune response and support illness recovery.
• Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) or “Lingzhi, Queen of Mushrooms or Mushroom of Immortality” promotes strong immunity as an adaptogen for the whole body. It’s wonderful for helping fight fatigue and stress, and gives a gentle energy boost.
• Rose hip (Rosa rugosa) is the fruit of a rose plant that rises in the late summer/early Fall. They are amazingly rich in vitamins, minerals and nutrients like vitamins C and B, calcium iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and lycopene and lutein, as well as other antioxidants. It’s their vitamin C that we associate most with immune system boosting and respiratory wellness.
• Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), a common baking spice, offers us anti-mutagenic & anti-microbial/antibacterial properties. Clover has oodles of benefits, related to immunity the benefits shared are that cloves work to help relieve congestion, are antioxidant to fight seasonal invaders, and are anti-inflammatory.
ELDERBERRY SYRUP DIY INSTRUCTIONS
To Make Your Elderberry Syrup:
• Empty jar contents into 2 1/3 cups cold filtered water in a stainless steel or glass pot. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
• Remove from heat and allow to cool to near room temperature. If available, use a potato masher to mash the herbs in the liquid at some point during cooling.
• Once cooled, pour into a large bowl through a very fine strainer or standard strainer lined with cheese cloth. Mash the herb mixture, or squeeze it in the cheese cloth to get all of the liquid out.
• When cooled, add: 1/3 cup raw, local-to-you honey and 2 Tbsp. raw apple cider vinegar. Pour back into the bottle and store in the refrigerator. Your syrup can last 3-4 weeks, perhaps longer with raw apple cider vinegar added and depending on frequency of use.
In health, enjoy!
Kick the Ick:
Spritz in the air around you and throughout your spaces, on linens and blankets that you can't launder daily, really most anywhere.
Roll a thin layer on your fingertips and apply to the bottoms of feet, across lower or upper back or neck, under the nose or simply inhale the scent.
*This essential oil roller is not intended to be used on children 2 years of age or younger.
Standard Suggested doses:
Adults: 1 Tablespoon daily as preventative
Kids: ½ - 1 teaspoon for kids daily as preventative
*If a cold or flu does strike, take the normal dose every 2-3 hours instead of once a day until symptoms subside or better yet, until they disappear.
If you are pregnant or nursing, have a medical condition or take medications, please consult with your doctor before use of these products.
Please read all ingredients carefully and know your allergies. With all essential oils, test a small patch of skin with a product and wait 24 hours. If an allergic reaction occurs, discontinue use! Please email with questions or concerns.
The products, service & advice contained in these listings & shop are intended solely for informational and educational purposes and not as medical advice. Please consult a medical professional if you have questions about your medical health. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.